How-To: Turn a Solid Pumpkin Into Puree
1. Preheat oven to 350°F, wash the pumpkin and remove stalk.
2. Using a large knife or, in this case, a cleaver, slice pumpkin in half.
3. Scoop out stringy center and seeds. (Put seeds aside for delicious roasting, of course.)
4. Fill a pan with 1/2" of water and place pumpkin halves cut-side down.
5. Roast for an hour, or until skin pierces easily.
6. Remove pumpkin flesh from the skin and food process until smooth.
Ok, baby food level might have been TOO smooth. That's ok, I'll just mix it in with the less-processed batch.
Check in after Thanksgiving for the whole pie, and tomorrow for the pie crust.